For some weird reason I can only wear roll on deodorant. Because I'm a recycling nut, I never want to toss out the bottles when they're empty. I'm also strangely obsessed with the roll on balls! Recently a friend gave me a Kokeshi doll as a souvenir from her trip to Japan and I thought it was fantastic. I decided to try to make one with my roll on bottles and below is the result. I think this is a terrific project for kids and a great place to stash bobby pins and small gifts. Have fun!
Check out the how-to video
Black Krylon Fusion spray paint
1. With pliers, remove the roll on ball by pinching the neck of the bottle.
2. Peel off the label. Don't worry if it's still sticky, that's fine.
3. After you've washed the bottle and the roll on ball, sand one part of the roll on ball.
4. Sand the top of the roll on lid.
5. Glue the ball to the lid (where you sanded) with E-6000 and let dry for 30 minutes.
6. Spray paint the ball and lid black after it's dry.
7. Wrap your roll on bottle in origami paper using the white glue to keep it in place.
8. Glue a 1" strip of contrasting solid paper around the bottle to create an Obi belt.
9. Tie a ribbon around the 1" strip of solid paper.
10. Draw a face on a sticky label and cut it out.
11. Stick the face to the painted roll on bottle.
Screw the face on the bottle and you're done!
Post a Comment