Do you have a favorite piece of art? If so, how about turning it into a piece of jewelry that you can wear wherever you go? I used Gustav Klimt for this project because I'm in awe of his use of color and pattern mixed with gold leaf. That said, any piece of art will work for this project. Simply print it out on your home computer and follow my instructions to make your own. Remember to have fun, make messes and always Make Your Mark!
My stack of Gustav Klimt bangles
I love the face on the middle bangle
Watch the quick video here!
Stuff You'll Need
E-6000 Spray Adhesive and Glue
Americana Multi-Purpose Sealer
Popsicle sticks (I like the jumbo sticks)
Metallic gold paint marker
1. Boil the sticks for about 10 minutes until they are soft
2. & 3. Gently bend them to fit inside of the mouth of a small glass and let them dry overnight
*Different sized glasses make different sized bangles
4. Position and trace flat Popsicle sticks on your art and cut out the shapes
5. & 6. Spray the face of the cutouts with water and the back with E-6000 Spray Adhesive and then stick the art to the curved Popsicle stick
7. Edge the bracelet with a gold paint marker
8. Seal with a multi-purpose sealer
9. Add gems with E-6000 glue and a toothpick
Your arm is now an art gallery!