I can't do it....I can't pass up a piece of perfectly good furniture on the side of the road. I at least have to TRY to spruce it up. Hey, if it doesn't work out, I can always put it back outside again, right? This little nightstand looked so lonely when I saw it on my street corner and because it was so kooky, I decided to go nuts with it. I discovered something amazing while working on it, too......the new Americana Decor Satin Enamels will paint over ANYTHING and make it look brand new. Remember to have fun, rescue furniture and always Make Your Mark!
Still not sure where this little guy is going to end up...
Watch the video here!
Stuff You'll Need
Metallic Lustres in Silver Spark
Americana Decor Satin Enamels in Charcoal Gray
Fabric to match the paint
Butcher paper and crayon
1. Remove the hardware
2. & 3. Trace the pattern of the face of the drawers on butcher paper by rubbing crayon along the design
4. Pin on fabric and cut out
5. Paint the entire nightstand with Satin Enamels and let dry
6. - 8. Apply Americana Decoupage to the face of the drawer (where the fabric will be placed) and apply the fabric to the drawer.
9. Coat the fabric with more decoupage
10. & 11. Add shimmer to the details and handles by rubbing them with Metallic Lustres
in Silver Spark
12. If you want, line the fabric with a silver paint marker
Loud and proud!