You can always be sure to find tons of glassware at dollar stores and thrift stores. Thrift stores are the best because you can get it for almost nothing and there's always a terrific selection of interesting pieces. Recently I saw some very simple floral glassware and decided I wanted to make my own set but I wasn't quite sure how to do it. Finally I remembered I had some Americana Dishwasher Safe Decoupage and guess what? It worked like a charm. Remember to shop at thrift stores, make messes and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
Ready for breakfast!
Watch the video here!
STUFF YOU'LL NEED
Floral images to print (you can use your home computer for this)
1. Carefully cut out your images
2. Mist both sides with water to relax the paper
(this insures that it doesn't bubble when you apply it)
3. & 4. For the plates, coat the FACE of the cut out with Americana Decoupage
5. Carefully place face down on the UNDERSIDE of the plate
6. & 7. With a small brush apply a generous amount of decoupage around the image and then fill in with more decoupage
8. For the drinking glasses you want to apply the first coat of decoupage to the back of the cutout image (instead on the face of the image like we did for the plates) and then edge and fill
9. Let cure and then set the table!
These make for a very happy morning