Amazon.com asked me to do a special project just for The Big Ass Book of Crafts 2 book page:
I've decided to share it here with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it for you.
I can't do it anymore. I can't buy bottled water or toss anymore plastic into the garbage without trying to make something with it first. I encourage all of you to think about different creative ways to use what you throw away.
Plastic water, juice or soda bottle
Needle nose pliers
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Krylon Fusion spray paint
Hair band, rubber band or blank metal cuff
1. Carefully cut your bottle into petal shapes that are 2” to 3” long. They should look like a long teardrop. You’ll need about 20 of them.
2. WORKING OUTSIDE, hold each petal (one at at time) over your tea light and let them warp into the rose petal shape. It should look a bit like an “L” shape.
*You don’t need to melt them or light them on fire. Keeping them near the flame is enough heat to melt them.
3. Once all 20 are warmed into shape, hot glue them together at the bases with tiny dots of glue and let them dry.
4. Continue building your rose adding petals as you see fit.
5. Add some in the center if you need to.
6. Put a huge glob of hot glue on the base and let dry.
7. Spray paint with your Krylon Fusion spray paint for a plain rose OR with Krylon Glitter Blast.
8. Hot glue the finished rose to a hair band, simple bangle or a pony tail rubber band.
This project and many more in THE BIG ASS BOOK OF CRAFTS 2