Just the word WIG makes me laugh. Every Halloween I try to work out what I’m going to wear on my head. It’s always a dilemma. Last year I finally decided that if I can sew an entire costume from scratch then I can make a wig. I got just a few supplies and rocked it! Pick colors that match your outfit and you’ll master this wig making technique in no time. Pretty soon Dolly Parton herself will be calling you for help!
This project and 150 more are from
2 large spools of curling ribbon
1 knit hat that fits snugly on your head (match the colors of ribbon if you can)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Wig head or ball up some newspaper to make a head shape.
1. Cut about 30 strands of curling ribbon that are 15” long.
2. Glue about 1 1/2 inches of each end of the ribbon across the cap so it makes very long bangs. Put one strand next to the other across the forehead.
3. Cut about 3 more strands of curling ribbon that are 20” long.
4. Fold them in 1/2 and at the fold dot a bit of hot glue and stick them to the top of the row of bangs.
5. Cut 15 strands of curling ribbon about 45” long and tie these strands in a knot in the middle.
6. Curl the ends of them a little with the scissors
7. Glue the knot on to the knit cap.
8. Repeat this process until you get the desired fullness of the wig.
9. Add more folded strands in different lengths to add even more fullness.
10. Curl it with the scissors or leave it straight!
Forget Halloween...I'd wear that every day!ReplyDelete
gotta hand it to you - this project rocks!!! thanks for sharing~!ReplyDelete
Awesome!! You have some imagination.ReplyDelete
Now that's awesome!ReplyDelete
really amazing and so fun to do :)ReplyDelete