A few weeks ago I saw some amazing stained glass feathers and instantly wanted to learn how to make stained glass.....Cut to me realizing that this new hobby might be a little more involved than I anticipated. I decided instead to use some of my favorite paints from DecoArt (Americana Crystal Gloss Enamels) to create faux stained glass feathers. You know what? I love them just as much and they were soooooo much easier to make. Plus, I made a ton of them and just put them everywhere. You will, too. Remember, make messes, have fun and always Make Your Mark!
Hang them from a cheap-o embroidery hoop like I did!
Hang them from a curtain rod for a beautiful boho look!
See how easy they are to make here!
STUFF YOU'LL NEED
*These can be baked on glass for a permanent (dishwasher safe) stained glass look
*You could use old plastic folders or even clear plastic take-out lids
1. & 2. Design your feathers on white paper and place the clear plastic over the top
3. & 4. Trace the design with the Americana 3D Opaque Gloss Enamel and let dry
5. - 8. Fill in the designs with different colors of the Crystal and Frost Gloss Enamels and let dry
9. Cut out each feather
10. Tie four pieces of yarn around the embroidery hoop so that you can hang it
11. & 12. Tie yarn to the end of each feather and then hand from the embroidery hoop
Love they way they look in my window
Floating in the wind