Grab some funky fabric and make some NO SEW Christmas stockings for friends and family. Not everyone is a fan of red and green, so I say GO COLOR CRAZY and make stockings just right for a Christmas in South Beach! Hot pink faux fur and lavender pom pom trim are the perfect combo to rock this holiday but I also included a traditional red and white version, just in case you're not into punk rock stockings. Remember buck tradition, make messes and always Make Your Mark!
My traditional red & white version
Skip the ric rac for a more subtle, punk rock stocking!
Watch how easy they are to make here!
STUFF I USED
Funky upholstery fabric
Ric rac and pom pom trims
E-6000 Fabri-Fuse and Fray Lock
1. Pin and cut the stocking pattern on folded fabric
*You need a front and back
2. Glue the pieces together with E-6000 Fabri-Fuse
3. Starting (and stopping) 4" down from the mouth of the stocking, glue pom pom
trim around the very edge of the stocking
4. & 5. Flip the stocking over and glue ric rac trim over the raw edge of the stocking
using E-6000 Fray Lock
6. Cut a piece of faux fur 10" x 18"
7. 8. & 9. Add a thick line of E-6000 Fabri-Fuse along each 18" edge, fold each edge over 2" and place books on top until it dries
10. Cut an 8" piece of ric rac, fold it and glue the loose ends to the inside corner of the stocking
11. Using a generous amount of Fabri-Fuse, glue the folded faux fur around the top of the stocking and place a book on top until it dries.