Yup, I'm that guy who will grab something right out of your trashcan......Toss some decent scrap wood from your last home repair project and I'll grab it before you change your mind and run back outside to get it! I made these stars with just a few feet of scrap wood and WOW do I love them. They work with my Christmas decor and I'll be able to use the gold and white star throughout the year. Remember.......make messes, dumpster dive and always Make Your Mark!
Turn it into a centerpiece!
Put your candles in a glass container to keep the wax from dripping on the wood!
Watch how easy they are to make here!
STUFF I USED
Jigsaw & sander
Large Americana Decor Stencils
Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Everlasting and New Life
Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
1. & 2. Trace the pattern 5 times side by side (sharing a side to reduce cuts) and then cut them out with a jigsaw
3. & 4. Paint each diamond shape with Chalky Finish in a color of your choice
5. When dry sand the edges and corners
6. Glue the pieces together to create the star
*If your pieces don't fit together perfectly you can glue a small scrap of 1/4" thick plywood on the base......Nobody will see it!
7. Try painting them in different colors
8. & 9. Stencil over the stars with metallic gold or silver