It's time for my annual ATC SWAP! This year we're doing something less traditional and creating mixed media hands instead of rectangular cards. Why not try something different, right?! I had such a blast making these and I can't wait to see what you come up with. This is a wonderful way to share your work with other artists from around the world.
RULES for the swap are HERE
Below are some of the hands I made using DecoArt paints and a Gel Press and if you use either of those products to make your hands, let me know and you'll be entered to win a set of Americana Multi-Surface Satin paints and a Gel Press! Go crazy with color, fabric, beads, paper, paint, glitter and whatever else you have in your crafty arsenal. No rules other than that they can't be more than 1/4" thick or longer than 7".
I really hope you join our swap!
Gotta hand it to you!
I went wax seal crazy!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints
Gel Press and Impressables
1. Dot rows of yellow and orange on your Gel Press
2. Using a brayer, spread the paint in rows to create stripes
3. Press the paper to reveal your perfectly blended stripes
4. Spread a mint green on the Impressables Retro Leaves Plate
5. Press the Retro leaves on the striped page
6. Add blue and gold to the Gel Press
7. & 8. Place a stencil on top of the Gel Press (I used stars) and transfer the stars to your page
9. & 10. Stencil (I used leaves) over your page in hot pink and white
11. Trace and cut a hand pattern from card stock
12. Trace it on your newly pressed pages (and your stash of other papers) and cut them out
*I used old Gel Pressed pages, scrapbook paper, paper bags & whatever I can find!
13. Glue your favorite images to the hands
*I like faces, birds, butterflies and loteria cards
14. Try adding a cityscape cut from book pages
15. Dab more color around the hand
16. Stencil another pattern in another color on top of everything
17. Glue several hands together to create some thickness
18. Optional: Stitch around the hand on a sewing machine
19. Glue on beads, buttons, keys or whatever you want
20. I added a wax seal with ribbons to finish mine off!
*Now it's time to add your information on the back and send them off!
Everyone can use a hand...Don't you think?