It thought this might be fun since the Olympics are just around the corner. I dig the Union Jack flag because it makes me want to shout “GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!” or just plain rock out to a Sex Pistols song. Either way, this will give your décor a distinctively hip flavor and have your friends talking about how cool you are. Rock out!
2 pieces of 15” x 20” pieces of blue plaid
1/4 yard of red plaid fabric
1/4 yard of white cotton fabric
Red and white thread
Sewing machine with zigzag capability
Sewing needle and matching thread
1. In white fabric, cut out a strip that is 20” x 3 1/2” another strip that is 15” x 3 1/2” and two strips that are 25” x 2 1/2”
2. In your red plaid fabric, cut out a strip that is 20”x 2 1/2, another strip that is 15”x 2 1/2” and two strips that are 25” x 1 1/2”
3. Working on a flat surface, lay your 25” long white fabric strips in a big X on the pillow.
4. Lay your white 20” strip horizontally across the middle of the pillow.
5. Lay your 15” white strip vertically down the center of the pillow.
6. Carefully pin everything in place.
7. Using white thread, zigzag over all of the edges of the white to keep it in place.
8. Lay your 15” piece of red plaid vertically down the center of the pillow centering it on the white.
9. Lay your 20” piece of red plaid horizontally across the center of the pillow centering it on the white.
10. Cut both of your 25” pieces of red plaid in half.
11. Lay a strip on one leg of the X and trim it at an angle where it meets the cross like you see in the photo.
12. Do this on the other 3 legs of the X
13. Pin all these pieces in to place and zigzag all around each piece.
14. Clip your excess threads.
15. Place your other piece of blue plaid fabric on top of your design (right sides together)
16. Sew both pieces all the way around using a 1/2” seam allowance and leaving a 5” long hole so that you can turn it inside out.
17. Clip the corners at an angle (this is done so that you don’t’ have excess fabric in the corners of your pillow)
18. Turn the pillow right side out through your 5” hole.
19. Stuff will pillow stuffing.
20. Sew hole closed with your sewing needle and matching thread.
Here's another version switching up the colors and using a wide ribbon instead of the fabric strips.
For over 100 more home decor ideas, grab a copy of
Love this idea so much :)ReplyDelete