Good morning, crafty people. It's another great Saturday for a new episode of Make Your Mark. Today, I'm showing you all how to turn a long sleeve t-shirt into a cool cardigan worthy of your fave department store. Best part? Simple stitching! This project is SEW EASY, you'll love it! Here's what I made:
Here's What You'll Need:
Long Sleeve T-Shirt
Knit Fabric (1 Yard)
4. Measure from hem to hem.
5. Cut a scarf that is 12" wide by 60" long
6. Pin the scarf evenly around the neckline, starting at the center back.
7. Continue pinning the scarf down the rest of the shirt's center / neckline.
8. Stitch the scarf to the neckline.
9. Make a pocket pattern, 4"x 6".
10. Trace and cut two pockets.
11. Fold over 1" on each pocket and pin.
12. Stitch down the fold.
13. Pin your pockets onto your cardigan.
14. Stitch your pockets onto the cardigan.
And that's it!
For TONS more ideas, make sure to grab a Mark Montano book with a heap more great DIY tutorials and ideas like this one. See all of the books and get the best price HERE!
Would you recommend a size larger tee shirt to use? This looks fun!ReplyDelete
I think it depends on how you like things to fit. As long as the next size up isn't too big, I think that would be a pretty good idea.ReplyDelete