I have always loved decorating with things that are easy to come by. Twigs, leaves, fruit, glass plates and cotton fabrics. This fall table setting was created with things you probably already have or can easily find. I love altering dollar store glass plates the most. Last year I used butterflies and birds. This year I'm decorating with leaves from my back yard. Make sure to watch the video to see exactly how it's done, OK! Happy Fall, everyone.
FALL TABLE DECOR IDEAS
DECOUPAGE CANDLE HOLDERS
Krylon Gold Leaf Pen
Copies of leaves
1. With a Krylon Gold Leaf pen, edge the underside rim of a 99c store glass plate
and let dry.
2. Make copies of real or silk leaves on your home copy machine.
3. Carefully cut them out.
4. Add Minwax Polycrylic to the face of the cut out.
5. Glue it to the underside of the plate and coat the rest of the plate with the
SIMPLE NAPKIN RINGS
Hot glue gun
Printed names (from your home computer)
Thin, matching ribbon
1. Hot glue leaves to a wooden ring.
2. Print out the names of your guests on card stock.
3. Cut out the names, punch a hole in each one.
4. Tie the names to the napkin ring with a ribbon.
Real and faux leaves
1. Press your real leaves so that they're flat (or you could iron them between wax paper)
2. Using the Minwax Polycrylic, adhere them to the glass vases and let dry.