My dad owned a car lot when I was about 6 and my brothers and I would have to spend almost every Saturday with him so my mom could have a (much needed) break from us! One of the things I remember vividly was the oil pan in the main garage. I thought the swirls of color on top were mesmerizing and my entire life I've been trying to replicate those iridescent colorful swirls. I think I might be getting closer with this iridescent mermaid ornament project. I love all of the blended metallic colors together! Have a wonderful Christmas and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
My iridescent trio!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Lace or doilies
1. Cut the lace into pieces
2. & 3. Soak them in Americana Decoupage and glue them to the ornaments
4. Paint the entire ornament in Gold Extreme Sheen
5. - 7. Start brushing on different colors of Metallic Lustres
8. Glue on small rhinestones with E-6000 Glue
9. Add a ribbon to hang the ornaments