Teal, neon pink and olive green is seriously one of my favorite color combos! It reminds me of Mexico in the 1960s and I have no idea why. DecoArt makes this sassy neon pink paint that I would eat if I could.....but unfortunately I can't. Instead I used it to create the eye popping paper tiles for a little bathroom mirror project. I cut my own mirror frame, but you could use a store bought frame for this project.....Totally up to you! When coated in Famowood Glaze Coat, it's protected and ready for endless water splashes and hair spray! Faux tile projects are soooo much lighter than using real tile and you can design your own in ANY pattern. Be creative my sweet friends and always remember to Make Your Mark!
Watch how to make it here!
STUFF I USED
1/2" plywood and mirror
12" x 12" Gel Press
Drill, Jigsaw, Sander
Famowood Glaze Coat
Americana Decor Satin Enamels in Woodland Green and True Teal
Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint (in Gold Leaf)
Extreme Sheen in 24K Gold
Americana Acrylics in Peacock Teal & Sizzling Pink Neon
1. & 2. Cut & sand a frame in 1/2" thick plywood
*Mine was 18" x 24" with a 5" border
3. & 4. Paint the frame with Americana Decor Satin Enamels in Woodland Green and then edge in True Teal to give it some dimension
5. Stencil over the entire frame with 24K Gold Extreme Sheen using a Fleur Medallion stencil
6. With a brayer, spread 24K Extreme Sheen on your Gel Press and then add some
Sizzling Pink Neon
7. Press your cardstock onto the Gel Press to transfer the paint
8. - 10. Spread Peacock Teal on the Gel Press, place the Fleur Medallion stencil and then transfer the stencil the the previously Gel Pressed pages
11. & 12. Cut the pages into 4" x 4" tiles and then add dimension to the designs with Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint in Gold Leaf
13. Glue the tiles to the frame with Americana Decoupage
14. Mix the Famowood Glaze Coat and pour it over the frame following all of the instructions for mixing and popping bubbles
*Cover and cure overnight
15. & 16. Sand the back opening flat and then glue the mirror in place
The pink just pops!
Always Make Your Mark!