Nothing says Christmas and Winter like the Ice Capades from the 1950s! I found this image and had to scan it (with my Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner) and turn it in to some 3-D art for a friend for her Christmas gift. It was a lot easier than I thought to get the dimension. Your Christmas gifts don't have to be expensive, this one only cost me a couple of dollars and most of the supplies I already had.
Make sure you check out what my fellow guy crafters are doing with the Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner!
Scanned image you want to make 3-D
Frame with some depth
Scissors (Fiskars are my brand of choice ALWAYS)
1. Scan your image and print it out twice on card stock.
2. Take the glass out of your frame, trace the frame on cardboard and cut it out for the backing.
3. Glue your image to the cardboard.
4. Cut out the shape of the 2nd image that you want to have dimension.
5. Cut out some small pieces of cardboard (about 4 layers depending on the thickness) and glue them together over the bottom image making sure they cannot be seen when you glue your cut-out image on top.
6. Add some loose glitter for sparkle and shine.
7. Spray your frame with Krylon Glitter Blast.
And remember, my new book THE BIG-ASS BOOK OF CRAFTS 2 makes a wonderful gift, too!
This is a great project. Thanks for sharing all that can be done with the Flip-Pal.ReplyDelete
You make 3-D look easy! I love the dimension you create. Great project!ReplyDelete