Hi friends. Last week was a whirlwind trip that started in New York and ended with a wonderful few days in Denver with family. I'm still sad from having to say goodbye to everyone. While in NY, I filmed a few TV segments and here is a project I made for Better TV. I think it's loads of fun to make and doesn't take any time at all.
These are PVC pipe PEPPERMINT STICK CENTERPIECES. I made a version of this vase for
THE BIG ASS BOOK OF CRAFTS 2, but since the holidays are here, I thought I'd change it up a bit.
PVC pipe in sizes and lengths that you like
Krylon White Primer
Blue Painter's Tape
Krylon Fusion in Red and Green
1. Cut the PVC pipe to lengths you like. I chose 18", 12" and 8" using a 2" diameter pipe.
2. Sand off the printing on the pipe and then wipe off with a damp rag.
3. Paint with Krylon White Primer and let dry.
4. Tape 2 stripes of blue tape at an angle from one end to the other tucking in the tape at each end and making sure that the tape is fully adhered to the pipe.
5. Paint the pipe again with the Krylon white primer so that the white seeps in to the sides of the tape and gives you a clean stripe! If you think the tape is on properly, go for it!
6. Paint your pipe red or green and let dry. Start with light coats and let dry for 10 minutes in between coats. I like 3 coats for this project.
7. When dry, carefully remove the tape and let dry for a few hours before you tie them together with red ribbon.
THIS PROJECT and 150 more in THE BIG ASS BOOK OF CRAFTS 2
well these are just too dang cute.ReplyDelete
That's a great creation. Simple yet elegant! Thanks for sharing idea and for the tutorial.ReplyDelete
Christmas table decorations
Your candle decorating is pretty crafty! That's a very nice project! I'll definitely give it a try one of these days.ReplyDelete
Feel free to stop by sometimes,
Marilyn @ Christmas table settings