Recently I went home and decided to use my Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner to grab some vintage photos of my parents. Since it's the holidays I turned them in to ornaments and I just love looking at them. These are super easy to make and a real fun way to remember the people you love ON your Christmas tree.
1 sheet of red card stock
1 page of printed images on photo paper
8” medium gage wire
Needle nose pliers
Scissors or swing arm paper cutter
2 beads, 2 sequins, 2 flower punches (optional)
Flower Punches made with Fiskars Paper Punch
10” of ribbon
1 drinking straw
Large safety pin or needle
Pin cushion (optional)
1. Scan your photo and then print out in the contact sheet setting on your printer.
2. Cut your images in 6” x 3/4” wide strips as you see in the photo. You will need 8 strips of your images and 8 strips of the red card stock.
3. With your safety pin, poke a hole on each end of each strip 1/4” up from the edge and right in the center.
4. Poke a hole in the center of your flowers and sequins.
5. Bend a loop on the end of your wire and string a bead and then a sequin.
6. With your printed strips facing down toward the loop and sequin, place one end of the strips in order on the wire and then thread on your straw.
7. This is the most important step! Starting from the bottom strip (the strip that is touching the flower) and working your way up to the top strip, thread your strips over the straw.
8. When you’ve worked your way to the last strip, thread on your sequin and another bead and create another loop. Thread your ribbon through the loop and hang!
Make sure you check out what my fellow guy crafters are doing with the Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner!
SUEDE, Fashion Expert, www.Suedesays.com
KEN OLIVER, The Accidental Crafter, http://kensworldinprogress.blogspot.com
MARTIN AMADO, Home Décor and Lifestyle Expert, http://www.martinamado.com
AARON CHRISTENSEN, Design & Create Children’s Rooms, http://www.EmbellishmentsKids.com
Try using larger photos and stitching together several different photos!