When I first started making this project I wanted to cover it in something really interesting but I just couldn't think of anything that would work better than phone book pages and butterflies! I have so many phone books and it was time to do something with them other than use them to reach the top shelf in my cabinets. Remember, have fun, recycle and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
This cardboard Butterfly Obelisk was a project featured in my book
I used the same technique to create these FAUX MALACHITE OBELISKS
STUFF YOU'LL NEED
Ruler and Pencil
1" wide paintbrush
Copies of butterflies
1. Cut out the shapes in cardboard and tape the pieces together to make the shape
Here's the template to make life easy for you!
2. Add white glue on the creases to make your obelisk sturdy
3. Cut strips of phone book and apply with more glue
(add a bit of water to the glue to make it easier to use)
4. Make copies of butterflies, cut and adhere to the obelisk
5. Coat with Americana Decoupage in Matte or Gloss....Up to you!
For this project and 30 more, grab a copy of Pulp Fiction: Perfect Paper Projects!