Who doesn't need a little heart coin purse to stash some spare change? This one is super easy to make because you don't need a sewing machine......only my favorite, awesome, magic glue! The best part about this little purse is that you can make it any size and shape and the chain is optional. Make a star, a cat, even a big floppy square. It's all about how it comes together. Make sure to check out the video if you get a chance. Have fun, make messes and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
The perfect little Valentine's Day gift!
Too cute for words!
See how to make it here
Stuff You'll Need
Chain, charms and jump rings
1. & 2. Create, trace and cut your heart pattern from vinyl in the size you want
3. Draw and cut out a 1/4" strip from the center of the heart as shown
4. Glue both straight edges of the heart to opposite sides of the zipper
*place something heavy on top, like a book, while it dries
5. Trace the zipper heart on another piece of vinyl
6. Cut out leaving an extra 1/4" all the way around
7. Snip off the end of the zipper and unzip the 1/2 way through the heart
8. Add a solid line of E-6000 glue around the larger, solid heart
9. Place the zipper heart on top and add weight while it dries
10. When dry, cut out the heart with pinking shears
11. & 12. Optional: Add a grommet, chain and charms to finish it off
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love this fun project. Actually ran out and bought the materials. Wish me luck. Thanks for always being my inspiration!!!!ReplyDelete
I can't wait to see what you make Jess!ReplyDelete
Very cute. I am going to try and make this. Can I use tacky glue for this project?ReplyDelete
Hi Pattie, E-6000 is truly the only glue that will really work for this project. I've used Tacky Glue and it's a water based glue and I'm afraid it would not hold as well.Delete
I truly love the step by step. E6000 is the glue! I am hooked! Or zipped up with E6000!ReplyDelete