Why not add a little Alice In Wonderland meets harajuku girl to your Valentine's Day wardrobe? I took an inexpensive black thrift store blazer and added a few embellishments to give it a whimsical flair, perfect for your fun night out! You could do even do this in all black if the stripes are too much for you. The techniques would work for all kinds of blazer makeover projects. Remember, have fun, make messes and don't forget to Make Your Mark! xoxo
Julie channeling Alice
Right before Julie fell down the rabbit hole....
See how I put it together here
Stuff You'll Need
Black and white striped fabric
Thrift store blazer
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints (Flamingo Pink and Cotton ball)
2 yards pink ribbon
1. & 2. Trace a large heart on the center of the jacket back and paint it white
3. When dry, edge with Fabri-Fuse and glue on sequin trim
4. Fill in with DecoArt Glamour Dust to add some sparkle
5. Draw two small hearts on the front hem and paint white and then pink
6. Paint with Glamour Dust and then glue sequin trim around the edges
7. Cut two pieces of striped fabric that are 31" x 8"
8. & 9. Stitch the 8" sides to create two tubes
10. Hem one side of each tube by turning 1/4" twice
11. Gather the raw edge of each tube by pushing the fabric under the presser foot
12. Pin the gathered edge to the end of the cuff as shown and stitch around using 1/2" seam allowance
13. Cut 4 pieces of 30" x 3" fabric strips
14. & 15. Hem each side by turning the edges 1/4" twice
16. Gather the hemmed strips under the presser foot while stitching down the center to create ruffles
17. & 18. Glue around the collar with Fabri-Fuse and then pin in place while the ruffles dry
What! A talking rabbit?!