I'm always thinking about rugs....I'm kind of obsessed with them and currently own more than I have the floor space to put them. That's another story. Recently I painted a rug for my bathroom on heavy fabric and thought that I might be able to do the same thing on some wood......It makes sense, right? If you can have wood floors, why not a wood rug? The only glitch was how to make it somewhat flexible. Well, I figured it out and this is what happened. Remember to think outside the box, use materials you wouldn't normally think to use and always Make Your Mark!
My wood abstract art rug
My sneaks look damn good on this, too!
Watch how easy it is to make here!
STUFF I USED
Americana Decor Outdoor Living Paint
Heavy canvas or denim
1/4" plywood the size you want your rug
Heavy canvas or denim a bit bigger than the plywood
1. Paint colorful stripes on the plywood
2. Using cardboard rectangles, spread more color over the stripes
3. When dry, draw a 2" x 2" grid on the back of the plywood
4. & 5. Cut out the squares with a jigsaw
*Sand the edges if you need to
6. Using a generous amount of E-6000, glue them to the canvas
*Trim the canvas if necessary
Art for the floor!
Wow, I love this project Mark❣ReplyDelete
Hi Ang! Great to see you on here. Have a terrific weekend, OK!Delete