Lately I've been rummaging through boxes and boxes of jewelry findings, chain, pearls and beads and trying to decide whether to donate them OR use them. I feel a tad bit guilty about how much room they're taking up! Let's face it, I have whose its and whatsits galore! I decided to go nuts and make these sparkly mermaid chimes first, though I didn't really make a dent in my stash. Still, I had fun, and that's all that counts, right? I mean, if it's not fun, why do it? Remember to use up all your thing-a-ma-bobs and always Make Your Mark!
These sort of clank more than jingle!
They definitely sparkle when the sun hits them!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Images of mermaids
Brass chain and cup chain
1. & 2. Drill 3 holes at the base of your large, flat shell
3. Trace around the shell on your printed mermaid image adding an extra 1/4" all the way around
4. Cut out the image and add 1 1/2" slits every 1" around the edge
5. Mist the front and back with water and then spread a generous amount of Americana Decoupage on the back of the image
6. Carefully adhere it to the top of the shell and let dry
*Trim the edges when dry if you have to
7. Add a large jewelry piece at the top and edge the shell with rhinestone cup chain
8. Embellish the top of the shell with tiny shells and pearls
9. Cut three 12" lengths of brass chain (or whatever you want to use)
*If you don't have chain, use yarn or heavy string
10. Attach keys, jewelry pieces, chandelier crystals and doodads to the chain
11. Hang the embellished chains from the 3 holes at the bottom of the shel
12. Add some string at the top and hang
You want thingamabobs? I got plenty!
Yummy! Eye candy So mermaid-licious. You never ever cease to amaze and inspire me!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Jessica!Delete
Oh my god!!! So beautiful!!! ❤❤❤ReplyDelete
I just discovered you and think you are great. I love how creative you are and all your ideas. What a wonderful site and thank you for such good step by step instructions. You make me want to craft!ReplyDelete