This year I thought I'd go a little less traditional for my New Year's centerpiece. I used leftover wood scraps from earlier projects and grabbed some fairy lights on Amazon to add a little magic. The key with any centerpiece is to go high and leave lots of room on the table for the champagne and snack trays. Toss in a few ornaments from your tree and a strand of sparkly garland and you're ready to ring in the new year. However you decorate for the new year, just make sure you add some sparkle! Oh, and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
Got the mylar streamers for a song at a party store!
Laugh every day!
Watch how to make my centerpiece here!
STUFF I USED
Unicorn SPiT Sparkling
Allure Glitter in Crystal and Silver
1" x 12" wood trim pieces (5 per star)
4" x 4" wood blocks
1/4" thick dowels about 10" long
1. Drill a hole in the center of your wood blocks
*The drill bit should be the same diameter as your dowel
2. Stain 5 pieces of the 1" x 12" trim with the Unicorn SPiT Sparkling in your color scheme
3. Add Allure Glitter in Crystal to add even more sparkle to the trim
4. Stain the wood blocks with Unicorn SPiT Sparkling in two colors
5. When everything is dry, sand the edges for a distressed look
6. Glue the 1" trim pieces to make a star
7. Glue a dowel on the back and let dry
8. Stencil a design on the wood using a pallet knife and Allure Glitter in Silver
9. When everything is dry, assemble the pieces and wrap the star in fairy lights
To an amazing New Year!