Since I live closer to a row of 99c stores than the big box craft stores, I always shop there first to see if they might have something I need for a project. It's the perfect place to stock up on basics like mirrors, candles, clothespins and funky yarns. You never know when you'll need some funky yarn! This mirror was put together with ONLY dollar store items and it's one of my favorite pieces right now. I have to say, it even looked great before I painted it when the wood clothespins were raw! Still, you know me. I had to give it some color and gold accents. Do what makes you happy, friends and always Make Your Mark!
On my patio reflecting the sun
Pointed at my favorite tree
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
White flat spray paint
Minwax Semi-Gloss Lacquer
1. Open the clothespins to release the spring
2. Add 2 rows of E-6000 glue around the edge
3. Glue the clothespins around the rim of the charger and let dry
4. Spray paint the entire piece in flat white
5. Paint the clothespins and part of the charger in Blue thunder
6. Blend in Zia Teal and Dragon's Belly
7. Seal with lacquer and let dry
8. Stencil with metallic gold acrylic paint
9. Glue a mirror to the center with more E-6000
Mirror, mirror on the wall...