I love everything about a vintage circus. The ruffled collars on bike riding bears, the harlequin patterns on nightmare-inducing clowns and the huge red and white striped tents. I love it! Recently I was ogling beautiful images on Pinterest and found a beautiful butterfly art piece by Debrina Pratt. It was so inspiring I decided to take the concept and make a little vintage circus art piece of my own. Not much needed for this except some cardboard, wire and a few wood blocks which I've seen at most craft and dollar stores. Heck, you could even use a rock for a base if you wanted. Grag my images HERE. Make it wonderful and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
These make me very happy!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Vintage Circus Images (HERE)
E-6000 Spray Adhesive
Wire and Wire Cutters
1. Glue the printed images to cardboard
2. Carefully cut out each piece
3. Glue graphics to the wood block
4. Distress the edges of the cutouts and wood blocks on an ink pad
5. Cut wire in various sizes
6. Glue the wire to the backs of the cardboard cutouts
7. Mark where your pieces will be placed on each block
8. Drill small holes for the wire
9. Add more E-6000 Glue on the end of the wire and insert in the drilled holes
Any mix of images will do!
On with the show!