I was in a restaurant once and saw these beautiful lamps made of (what looked like) glass chips hanging from the ceiling. Now these were a bit more high brow than the one I made, but I got the same feel for just a few bucks! These can be done in many different ways with different colors and different sized chips. Just take your time and enjoy the beautiful light.
Tons of glass chips in a color you like
Tough plastic container that isn’t really flexible.
6” Socket and Cord set
ECO FRIENDLY light bulb (which does not give off heat)
Old rags and newspaper
1. If you need to, cut the rim off of your plastic container so it has a nice clean edge.
2. Drill a hole in the bottom center so that you have a place to wire your cord and socket set.
3. Lay down your newspapers and pile up your rags so that while you are gluing on your glass chips, your container doesn’t roll around. The rags will keep it in place.
4. starting gluing on your glass chips in groups of 5 or six by applying the Goop Glue to the back of each one and placing it on the plastic.
5. To keep the chips in place, you will have to put some office tape over them for a few minutes until the glue sets. *Once the glue sets you will be able to glue on more than 5 or 6 at a time.
6. Continue gluing on the glass chips until the entire container is covered. *This may take a while since you are going to have to wait until the glue sets each time you put on some chips.
7. Wire the socket set through your hold in the bottom following all of the instructions with the set.
8. Screw in your bulb and hang from a sturdy hook.
This project and over 100 more are from