Do you ever see those stacks of cheap metal trays at the thrift store? I get them for about $1 each and I keep buying them in hopes that one day I'll figure out what to do with them. Well, I finally figured out a fun way to give them a makeover and I think they look fantastic! A little bit of paint and some fabric is all you'll need. Use them on a dresser, in the bathroom to organize, or put a doily liner on them and use them to serve things like cupcakes and cookies. Everyone needs a tray or two!
Remember, have fun, make messes and don't forget to Make Your Mark! xoxo
Love the way these look together!
Using the same fabric unifies the design
See how easy they are to make right here!
Stuff You'll Need
Thrift store trays
Maxx Gloss in White China
1. Trace the pattern of the base of the tray on butcher paper
2. Cut out the pattern in fabric
3. Stir your Maxx Gloss thoroughly
4. Paint the edge of the tray in Maxx Gloss (in a color you choose)
5. Paint the base of the tray in Maxx Gloss White China
*This will make sure the fabric doesn't dull when you apply it to the tray
6. & 7. Coat the base of the tray with Americana Decoupage in Gloss
8. Carefully place the fabric on the base of the tray
9. Coat the fabric with more Americana Decoupage and let dry
My new colorful summer trays!