My other half just opened a law firm so I was tasked with creating a desk and home office space worthy of an Esquire! This couldn't be just an ordinary desk, it needed to have filing cabinets and a large work area. After a few minutes scouring Craigslist, I found some amazing walnut filing cabinets perfect for the base and the rest of the design came together. A little wood and some paint and the new home office looks like a million bucks. My secret is that it cost less than $50 to put together. Remember.......make furniture, rummage through Craigslist and always
Make Your Mark!
The new office space
Ready for work
Learn how to make the chair HERE!
See how I put it together here
Stuff I Used
2 wood filing cabinets (scour Craigslist for these)
Vintage images for the sides
Americana Decor Metallics and Satin Enamels
1" thick plywood
1" wide trim
Finishing nails and hammer
1. 2. & 3. Paint the filing cabinets and plywood with the Americana Decor Satin Enamels
in Classic Black
4. 5. & 6. Paint the 1" trim with the Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
7. Tape 2" up from the base with painter's tape
8. Paint along the underside of the painter's tape with more Classic Black
*This is a painter's trick to get crisp lines when using tape for stripes
9. Paint the base with more Vintage Brass
10. Cut out the vintage images
11. Mist with water to relax the paper and decoupage to the sides of the desk with Americana Decoupage
12. Attach the top to the base with either nails or screws and you're done!