If you're like me, you probably have a mishmash of furniture in your home. Maybe it's a table from your parents, a mirror you found on the street and headboard from Ikea. Well, fear not my mismatched furniture collecting friends! I'm going to show you how to make mismatched furniture into a beautiful matching set with some easy tricks. Remember to never toss anything out until you paint it, rescue things from the street and always Make Your Mark!
My new guest bedroom set!
From this......to this!
Getting artsy with the mirror!
Watch how I did it here
Stuff I Used
Laser cut frames
Americana Decor Satin Enamels in Moss Green
DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush
Americana Decor Metallics in Antique Brass
1. & 2. Center the laser cut frames on the headboard and glue in place with E-6000 Glue
3. Paint the sides and support with the Metallic in Antique Brass
4. Paint the rest of the headboard in Moss Green Satin Enamels
5. & 6. When dry, rub the Metallic Lustre around the frame and on the edges of the headboard
7. Tape paper on the mirror so you don't get paint on it
8. & 9. Figure out which parts of the laser cut frames you'll need to cover the edge of the mirror frame
10. & 11. Cut them in pieces and make sure they fit on the frame of the mirror
12. & 13. Paint the mirror and the frame pieces with the Moss Green
14. Paint the details with the Metallic in Antique Brass
15. Glue the frame pieces around the mirror frame with more E-6000 Glue
16. Rub Metallic Lustre on the edges of the frame pieces and on the details
*I painted a simple side table with the Americana Decor Metallics in Antique Brass to match the set
Time to bring it inside and start decorating.
See you soon!