I've always loved Frida Kahlo. I love her art, her look, the way she dressed and how she approached her life. There is nothing like unbridled passion for everyone and everything around you. It's an exhausting way to live, but admirable for sure. Today I'm making earrings in her honor. My small way of keeping her spirit alive. Remember to squeeze everything you can out of life, look for the beauty in all things and always Make Your Mark!
My awesome assistant Julie!
The clip on version
See how easy they are to make here!
Stuff you'll need
Images of Frida (all over the web)
Drill and jewelry pliers
Jewelry findings and beads
Americana Acrylics in colors you like
E-6000 Glue and Spray Adhesive
Minwax polycrylic or decoupage medium
1. & 2. Drill holes for the beads and earring wires and then paint the surface of the wood pieces
3. & 4. Cut out the images and glue them to the wood
*I used E-6000 Spray because the moisture relaxes the paper so it doesn't bubble
5. When the images are dry, punch through the holes with a toothpick
6. Seal the images with a polycrylic or decoupage medium
7. Create the dangly bits on a head pin with the pliers and make sure to bend a loop at the top
*You will need 3 dangly bits per earring so 6 per pair
8. Hand them from the holes with jump rings
9. Glue clips on the backs of another pair with E-6000 Glue