Summer is here and it's time to bring out the colorful dishes and eat outside on the patio! C'mon now, you all know that I don't need a reason to bring on the color. Summer was just an excuse to make these fantastic striped dishes! Actually, they are charger plates so I just slap some clear glass plates on top and everyone can enjoy the view. BTW, they match anything and everything and (no kidding here) they are a blast to make. My secret is an old thrift store record player and every color of paint in the box. Walnut Hollow makes the wood chargers in different sizes (and shapes) and they are perfect for this project! Remember to use tons of color, check out WalnutHollow.com and always
Make Your Mark!
Seriously fun to make (watch the video!)
So much happy!
Perfect with clear glass dishes, too!
Watch how I made them here!
STUFF I USED
Old record player OR Kid's Pottery Wheel
DecoArt Extreme Sheen Paint
1. Base coat the plates and coasters with white paint
*This allows the colors to really pop
2. Place some cardboard on your record player and then add some loops of masking tape
3. Center the plate in the exact center of the record player
*Do not move the plate until it's completely painted
4. Pick your colors
5. Switch on the record player and start painting your stripes
6. Coat plates and coasters with DuraClear Gloss Varnish and let dry