I wanted something a bit more whimsical for my kitchen so I decided to give the new DecoArt Premium Acrylics a go and paint something bright and happy. Gotta be honest here, I'm not really a painter and when I sit down at a canvas, I'll use any paint that's within my reach. We're talking house paint, outdoor paint, multi-surface.....whatever is in reach that has the color I want. A few weeks ago DecoArt sent me their new line of tube acrylics and WOW are they lovely to work with. The colors are just beautiful, too. This painting was pretty easy and you could easily change the colors to match your decor. Remember to sit down and get creative every once in a while, get your Bob Ross on and
always Make Your Mark!
Why not hang art on the fence?
Watch how I painted it here!
STUFF I USED
Americana Premium Acrylics
Allure Dimension Design Adhesive Paint in Gloss Black
Print and use to sketch out the design
1. Using the template, sketch out the design on your canvas
2. Paint the lower half of the canvas in Pyrrole Red
3. Paint alternating stripes in a mixture of Yellow Green Light and Titanium White
4. Paint the rest of the stripes in a mixture of Cobalt Teal Hue and Titanium White
5. Paint several of the flowers with a mixture of Quinacridone Magenta and Titanium White and the outer edges with the pure Quinacridone Magenta and blend where they meet
6. Paint the centers of the rest of the flowers with Vermilion Hue mixed with Titanium White
7. Paint the outer edges with Hansa Yellow Light
8. Blend the orange and yellow flowers with more Vermilion Hue
9. Add more white to the mixture of Quinacridone Magenta and Titanium White and lighten the centers of the pink flowers
10. Paint the leaves with Green Gold and Yellow Green Light and Titanium White
11. Paint the stripes on the vase with Carbon Black
12. Outline the flowers, leaves, stripes and vase in Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint in Gloss Black
Nothing like an afternoon painting flowers in the back yard!