This table was 100% inspired by the work of Lauren Chapman, a furniture painter/artist. A while back I saw a table she painted (on FB) with her CARNIVAL TECHNIQUE and I immediately became obsessed with it. She posted a link to her how-to video, so I decided to give it a shot. Gotta say, this is right up my alley, too. Using more than one color on a piece of furniture really does it for me! Check out her other work and follow her here: https://www.facebook.com/Chalkpainteverything/
Remember, try new things and always Make Your Mark!
I still have to find a place for it!
Watch how to make it here!
STUFF I USED
White side table
Before you begin, make sure your furniture piece is painted white!
1. Mix a small amount of Unicorn SPiT in Blue Thunder with water
2. Dab off most of the paint on the brush on to a rag
3. Dab about 80% of the white table with the "dry" brush
4. Next, water down Lemon Kiss, dab off brush and blend the lemon kiss in various areas on the table. *Some areas will mix together and create a lime green, others will be just yellow
5. Continue the process with Zia Teal
6. Mix Molly Red Pepper with Phoenix Fire, water down and continue
7. Go over most of the piece with Purple Hill Majesty
8. Finally finish off with more of the Blue Thunder
*Make sure every time you apply paint that you dab off the brush and use a "dry brush" dabbing application to the piece.
9. Spray the entire piece with Minwax Lacquer and let dry
10. Paint the table surfaces with Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
11. & 12. Fill in the details with more Vintage Brass and wipe away the excess
*This will highlight the details with gold
This makes me so happy!