Have you noticed the wood slice trend? It's everywhere and I just love it! I decided it was time to give it a shot and see if I could incorporate it into something funky and fun for my summer patio decor. The base is a cheap-o Ikea Lack table which I purchased for $5 on sale. The little bits of color peeking out between the slices mixed with the natural wood is REALLY doing it for me! I feel like Todd Oldham might really like this table. It's almost spring so start thinking about your outdoor summer spaces and don't forget to Make Your Mark when you do!
Boxy and beautiful
A little slice of heaven (for my patio)
STUFF I USED
Ikea Lack Table
Four 1/4" wood panels cut to 17 1/2" x 21 1/2"
1. Assemble the Ikea table
2. Make sure your pieces fit perfectly on each side
3. & 4. Paint each panel (and the table top) in a different color of Outdoor Living
5. Arrange your wood slices on the painted panels
6. Glue them on with the Goop Max II
7. When the pieces are dry, careful saw off the extended wood slices with a jigsaw to create square panels
8. Add glue along each side of the table and apply your wood slice panels
This needs a cocktail!