Got some cardboard, beads and wire in your craft stash? If so, why not make some vintage heart ornaments to give away this Valentine's Day! This is the perfect project to use up that stack of Amazon Prime cardboard. I used stencils to decorate my hearts, but you could hand paint them or decoupage images on them...Whatever you want! Surprise your loved ones by hanging one from the rear view mirror in their car on Valentine's Day! I have a feeling they would just love it.
Enjoy the holiday of love and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
YOU are the key to my heart...
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Cardboard & book pages
Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint in Gold Glitter
Wire & wire cutters
Keys, ribbon & beads
DecoArt Extreme Sheen & Americana Acrylics in Cadmium Red
Optional: Glitter & Glue
1. & 2. Cut out cardboard hearts & glue them together in layers of 3
3. Cut out book pages about 1" larger than the hearts all the way around
4. After misting the book page with water, spread decoupage on it and place your heart in the center
*Clip the edges and fold them over the side of the heart and repeat on the other side until the
entire heart is covered in text
5. When the heart is dry, stencil it with red acrylic paint
6. - 8. Embellish with Gold Glitter Allure or glue and glitter
9. Bend a loop on the end of a 6" piece of wire
10. Pierce the heart from top to bottom and bend another loop on the end of the wire
11. Hang beads and a key from more wire from the base and a ribbon for hanging from the top
12. Glue on a printed banner
Ready for Valentine's Day!