It's that time of year when people clean out the garage and toss everything on the side of the street for pick up. It's also the BEST time of year to find things for your upcoming DIY projects! That's right, it's ROADSIDE RESCUE SEASON! Today I'm making standing garden planters with some old broken chairs and random wood drawers. By the way, I'm madly in love with this project! It was the perfect boost of color for my very green, California garden. Remember to think twice before you add to our landfills and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
These just make me so happy!
Filled with flowers for my garden!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Old chairs and drawers
Laser cut wood frames
Cosmetic sponges *the best for stenciling
2" wood screws
1. & 2. Saw off the legs making sure they are all the same length
3. Sand the ends so they are flat
4. Mark the leg placement on the underside of the drawers
5. Drill a small hole in the center of each marked placement
6. Glue the legs to the underside of the drawers and let dry
7. Screw in each leg from the inside of each drawer using the small hole as a guide
8. & 9. Mark and cut the laser cut frames into 4 pieces
10. & 11. Paint the drawers in your favorite colors of Americana Decor Outdoor Living paints
*These paints are meant for your outdoor projects!
12. & 13. Paint the wood frame pieces
14. & 15. Stencil the sides and front of each drawer in white
16. Glue the painted wood frame pieces on the drawer fronts and let dry