This table was sooooo ugly that I actually felt bad for it! It reminded me of something you might see in Ceasar's Palace in Vegas, so I bought for 10 bucks and it sat in my work space for a solid month before I tackled it. What the hell, it was time for a challenge! Even though this didn't end up as part of my decor, a good friend snagged it for her art studio and she loves it. As far as I'm concerned, that is a success story! Try to tackle something that makes you feel creatively challenged every once in a while because you never know what you'll learn. Oh, and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
My drippy paint experiment
I love how the colors blend into each other!
Watch how I did it here!
STUFF I USED
Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
Old Thrift Store Table
Americana Decor Crème Wax & Light Satin Varnish
Americana Decor Metallics in Antique Brass (my fave)
1. Paint the entire table in Antique Brass
2. & 3. When dry, coat the details with the clear creme wax and let dry
4. Paint the top of the legs with the chalky finish in Bestow
5. While the Bestow is still a bit wet, wipe it back with a damp sponge to expose the gold while letting the color drip down the legs a bit
6. - 8. Mix Renaissance chalky finish with water in a spray bottle and spray the top of the legs allowing the paint to drip down over the Bestow
*Use a brush toward the top to blend it a bit and expose the gold
9. & 10. Mix the Treasure chalky finish with water in a spray bottle and spray the very top of the legs allowing it to drip down into the Renaissance and blend a bit with a brush to expose the gold
11. Paint the entire top of the table with more Treasure, wipe back with a sponge to expose the detials and let dry
12. Coat the entire table with Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish and you're done!