I truly LOVE sewing paper....I love it! Envelopes and funky stationery are some of my favorite things to stitch on the machine. Well, now I have another favorite.....paper lampshades! That's right, tiny, colorful paper lampshades! The best part of this project is that there is no end to the patterns and colors you can mix and match. Personally, I'm all about the brights! For this project I printed some of my favorite adult coloring book pages on watercolor paper and spent a lovely afternoon relaxing and painting with my Graphix Aqua Inks....Watercolors in a jar! Get creative my sweet friends and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
Just dip and watercolor!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Marabu Graphix Aqua Inks
Double Stick Foam Tape
Decorative Edge Scissors
Adult Coloring Book Pages
Battery Operated Tea Lights
Print pattern on standard size copy paper
*You will need 5 panels per shade
1. Print your favorite coloring book pages on heavy watercolor paper
2. - 5. Fill in the pattern with Graphix Aqua Inks in your favorite colors
6. Try different patterns for this project
7. Trace lampshade panels on the watercolored papers using the pattern above
8. Cut the sides of each panel leaving the top and bottom scallop uncut
9. Using decorative edge scissors, cut the top and bottom part of each panel
10. Glue book pages to watercolor paper for other panels
11. Cut panels from heavy scrapbook paper, too!
12. Using 1/4" seam allowance, stitch 5 panels into a shade
*Plain sides touching when you sew
13. Add book page and scrap book panels in between the watercolored panels
14. Punch 2 holes at the top
15. Thread ribbon through the holes
16. Using double stick tape, secure a tea light to the ribbon inside the shade
Hang and you're done!
Ready for an afternoon party!
The more color the better!