Gorgeous marble is showing up everywhere in home decor and it can be expensive if you want the real thing. Marble floors, kitchen countertops and bathroom walls are covered in it in every color! Fortunately you don't have to break the bank to get these gorgeous pieces and they might be just what you need to get a taste of this trend. I started off with some Walnut Hollow wood plaques and added a little paint magic. It's so easy that in a weekend you could have all of your holiday gifts done! Remember you don't have to go all-out when a trend hits...A little hint of it might be all you need. Have a terrific day and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
I love the lapis look of this tray!
This green is right out of the 80s......and the 80s are BACK!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Walnut Hollow Basswood Plaques
1. Pick your marble colors and fill the plastic cups with about 1 oz. of paint
2. & 3. Pour 1 oz. of the pouring medium in each color and stir together
4. Paint the edges of the plaque with the main color you want for your tray
5. Pour the pouring medium/paint mixture on the tray and move the mixture around on the tray to cover most of it
6. Lightly splatter the other colors
7. & 8. Move the tray around to get your beautiful marbled patterns
9. Paint the edges and pour the main color mixture on another plaque
10. Add splatters of the other colors
11. Tilt and tap the tray to create the marbled design
12. When the trays are dry, edge them with a gold paint pen
13. Spray the trays with protective acrylic finish and let dry
14. & 15. Measure, drill and screw in the brass handles on the sides of each tray
16. Spice up your decor!
Go chic or go home!