I love the look of painted, aged and weathered wood and thought it might be fun to try to get the same effect on wood bangles. It was easier than I thought and I have to say, I had a blast making these! As you can see, I made 5 of them and I still wanted to paint more. This is a terrific technique for furniture, too. I used Americana Decor Chalky Finish paints (beautiful colors, BTW) and regular household wax. You could even use a candle if you wanted. Have fun!
Danielle wearing the Weathered Wood Bangles
Watch the tutorial here
Wood Bangles (www.diybangles.com)
Sanding block or sandpaper
1. Paint your accessories with a base color and let dry.
2. Rub with wax. Don't cover the entire piece with wax, just here and there and along the edges.
3. Paint your top coat of paint and let dry.
4. Sand your pieces to expose the paint underneath.
5. Add more wax and more paint for more layers of color.