I love to entertain this time of year. LOVE IT! However, my house is small and big dinners for more than 6 people have to be done outside on my patio. Anywhere else this might be a problem, but it's fine because I live in LA! Julie (my awesome assistant) and I hit the dollar store and put together my holiday table from top to bottom in an afternoon. We're talking dishes, a rockin' chandelier and a serious hot pink centerpiece! Make sure to check out the video to see it all come together.
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Have fun! xoxo, Mark
See how it all went down here!
I'm leaving the chandelier like this all year!
Almost ready for the guests
Transformed dollar store glass plates!
1. Using dark and light matching colors of Americana Acrylics, paint mini lampshades
2. Grab some Allure Dimensional Paint (puff paint) in Gold Leaf
3. Embellish the edges and down the sides
*Add mardi-gras beads and ornaments to finish of the chandelier
4. Grab some good decoupage medium. I like Decou-Page from Americana
5. Trace the bottom of the wine glass on nice paper and decoupage it to the underside of the glass
6. I used Decou-Page papers from Americana
7. Add bows and write each person's name with Allure in Gold Leaf
*The Allure and decoupage can be soaked off when the party is over
8. Wrap glass covered candles with more Decou-Page paper using E-6000 Spray Adhesive
*Cluster them in the middle of a tray surrounded by flowers and ornaments
9. Cut large printed butterflies (or any image you like)
10. Glue it to the underside of a clear glass plate with E-6000 Spray Adhesive
11. Spray the back with Krylon Metallic Gold
12. Coat with 2 coats of Minwax Polycrylic so they're sponge-wash safe!
*These plates are food safe because the paint is on the underside of the glass
Just need to light the candles and grab the wine
My favorite wines from Don & Sons
You must try this if you like Pinot Noir like I do
I put the centerpiece on a tray so it would be easy to move