I love to entertain this time of year. LOVE IT! However, my house is small and big dinners for more than 6 people have to be done outside on my patio. Anywhere else this might be a problem, but it's fine because I live in LA! Julie (my awesome assistant) and I hit the dollar store and put together my holiday table from top to bottom in an afternoon. We're talking dishes, a rockin' chandelier and a serious hot pink centerpiece! Make sure to check out the video to see it all come together.
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Have fun! xoxo, Mark
See how it all went down here!
I'm leaving the chandelier like this all year!
Almost ready for the guests
Transformed dollar store glass plates!
1. Using dark and light matching colors of Americana Acrylics, paint mini lampshades
2. Grab some Allure Dimensional Paint (puff paint) in Gold Leaf
3. Embellish the edges and down the sides
*Add mardi-gras beads and ornaments to finish of the chandelier
4. Grab some good decoupage medium. I like Decou-Page from Americana
5. Trace the bottom of the wine glass on nice paper and decoupage it to the underside of the glass
6. I used Decou-Page papers from Americana
7. Add bows and write each person's name with Allure in Gold Leaf
*The Allure and decoupage can be soaked off when the party is over
8. Wrap glass covered candles with more Decou-Page paper using E-6000 Spray Adhesive
*Cluster them in the middle of a tray surrounded by flowers and ornaments
9. Cut large printed butterflies (or any image you like)
10. Glue it to the underside of a clear glass plate with E-6000 Spray Adhesive
11. Spray the back with Krylon Metallic Gold
12. Coat with 2 coats of Minwax Polycrylic so they're sponge-wash safe!
*These plates are food safe because the paint is on the underside of the glass
Just need to light the candles and grab the wine
My favorite wines from Don & Sons
You must try this if you like Pinot Noir like I do
I put the centerpiece on a tray so it would be easy to move
I think my favorite is the glass with the paper on the bottom decoupaged. So simple but it looks so stunning. I also really love the plates, actually I really love the chandelier and the candles. Ahhhh I just love it all**** you are the decorator that is for sure
Love you Deezie!Delete
I like the step by step details!!ReplyDelete
Thanks Queen! Big hugs!Delete
I like the step by step details!!!!!!ReplyDelete
Glad you stopped by Jeanie!Delete
Where can I find the butterfly images that you use. I love them and the birds.ReplyDelete
The Graphics Fairy has tons to choose from. I have a link on the side of my blog roll. Happy Saturday!Delete
I am loving you blog posts as well. This is one of your best DIY'S! Must make those plates. Planning to post my Dollar Tree Tablescape on my channel this Wednesday. Keep soaring Mark! And hugs and love.ReplyDelete
Such a cute table...I can use these ideas for my Valentine's Day table :-)ReplyDelete
Great idea! How in the world are you?Delete
I know this is was for Christmas/New Year's, but I'm taking these ideas to my Valentine's Day table. I was at a loss until this morning...I'm so thankful for your creativity! Such a cute and pretty setting! *claps for Julie and Mark*ReplyDelete
Lovely and fabulous christmas table decorations. I've been blog hopping and looking for decorating inspiration and saw this post. Thanks for sharing inspiration. May you have a wonderful holiday!ReplyDelete