The problem with paint chips is that they're never quite big enough AND I always feel terrible when I "borrow" a large amount for a project. I swear I'm on the 10 MOST WANTED paint chip thieves list! I solved this problem recently by taking my favorite colors of Americana Decor Maxx Gloss and making my own super big, glossy paint chips to use in some fun art pieces. Gotta tell you, it was much more satisfying because you never run out of that "amazing" color AND you don't have to make another trip to the hardware store. Have fun! Make Art! Make Your Mark!
A close-up of my favorite harlequin piece
I call this one "Gumdrops"
Harlequin and Lumpy Jelly Beans
See how easy it is to do here!
Stuff You'll Need
Americana Decor Maxx Gloss
1. Stir the Maxx Gloss colors thoroughly
2. Paint them on pieces of card stock and let dry
3. Try lots of different colors
4. Cut the "paint chips" into diamond shape
5. Try lumpy jelly bean shapes, too
6. Apply the pieces to a large sheet of paper with E-6000 Spray Adhesive
7. Keep the diamonds about 1/4" apart
8. Repeat the process with the fat jelly bean shapes on another piece of art
9. Frame your art in big, clean, white frames to make the colors pop!
Art doesn't have to be so serious!
I really love the harlequin design - such a fun but stylish way to add colour to a roomReplyDelete
Hi Hannah, Harlequin is my fave. My entire kitchen was painted in different harlequins at one time and I had polka dot dishes. Loved it so much!Delete
Pretty! So cute & perfect.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year Khadija!Delete
Love this , thanks!ReplyDelete
Thanks Megan! They're fun to make and very hard to mess up!Delete