Grab your Gel Press and some old magazines and go to town transferring images for everything from journal pages to jewelry! These Gel Pressed jewelry pieces might just be big enough for Iris Apfel! Today I'm sharing how to make your own beads and print funky images on a Gel Press. Go to town with technique and use plenty of color! Remember, be a creative wild child and always
Make Your Mark!
Watch how I made the jewelry here!
STUFF I USED
Drill press for a rotary tool.....This is optional if you're good with a drill OR have your own wooden beads to cover with images
Americana DuraClear Gloss Varnish & Matte Decoupage
1/2" x 1 1/4" wood trim
Elastic beading thread
1. - 3. Cut the 1/2" x 1 1/4" trim into 1" long pieces and sand them so they're smooth
4. Drill two holes through each 1" bead
5. Paint the wood bangles and beads with Americana Acrylics in your favorite colors
6. & 7. Spread DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics on a Gel Press and press down a high contrast magazine page for a few seconds
8. Carefully remove the magazine page to see a reverse image on the Gel Press
*You'll get the hang of it!
9. & 10. Spread a lighter color over the image on the Gel Press and then remove the image on paper
11. & 12. Cut your favorite parts of the images to decoupage on the beads and bangles
13. & 14. Coat the beads and bangles with DuraClear High Gloss
15. Thread the beads with two strands of elastic thread
16. Tie two knots and hide the knots inside one of the beads
Wearable Pop Art!
Like wearing candy!