I'll admit it, I'm too lazy to learn how to make real stained glass. I love it, but I just don't have the patience or the skill. I truly admire those who do! As you may already know, I will do almost anything to come up with a way to make faux stained glass and today I'm sharing how to do it with Unicorn SPiT Sparkling! Yup, a little hard to capture in the photos, but these have a lovely shimmer when the light hits them! Change up the design and you can make these lanterns for your table for any season. Remember possums, there is always an alternative! Oh, and don't forget to
Make Your Mark!
Fall tablescape complete with my new glowing lanterns
Love they way they look with light shining through!
Fill them with tea lights or LED lights....It all works!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint in Gloss Black & Brown
4 matching wood frames
Print leaf pattern on standard copy paper
1. Remove the backing and paper from each frame and
glue in the glass (to the frame) with E-6000 Glue
2. Tape the pattern on the underside of the glass so that you can see it from the front
3. Trace the leaves on the glass with Allure Gloss in Black and Brown and let dry
4. & 5. Mix equal parts Minwax Polycrylic and Unicorn SPiT Sparkling
in a fine tip squirt bottle and shake
6. Mix Dolly Firebird and Lavish Lovebirds to make Copper
7. Mix Golden Gosling and Dolly Firebird to make Orange
8. Fill in the leaves with the mixed colors and let dry
9. Glue the frames together in a box and fill with tealights or LED lights
Glowing and gorgeous! Happy Fall!
Post a Comment