Every once in a while something comes along that just blows my mind! The new Re•Design With Prima furniture decals did just that. What a way to transform a piece of furniture in the most beautiful way! This was a simple Ikea Rast dresser but wow does it make an impact. I find the decals work best on light colored furniture and you want to make sure that if you paint your piece first, let it dry for at least 24 hours before you apply the decals. Give everything a facelift and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
I used Unicorn SPiT in White Ning to get this bleached Farmhouse look!
Watch how I did it here!
1. Stain a plain wood dresser with Unicorn SPiT in White Ning. It's perfect for a farmhouse look!
*Make sure to seal it with a spray or paint on lacquer when you're done
2. Spread out your Re•Design With Prima furniture decals so you know the order of the pattern
3. Trim them to fit on the dresser drawers making sure to save the pieces in case they need to be put on the adjoining drawer to create the whole pattern
4. Follow the instructions for rubbing the decals on the furniture making sure to get every part
5. Carefully remove the protective paper while you rub any spots that you might have
missed the first time
6. Once the decals are on perfectly, coat the top with a paint on water-based lacquer
*I like Minwax Polycrylic
7. & 8. For some interest on the sides I used the Prima Chalk Paste for some dimensional interest and to pick up a color from the decal
9. Spray the handles gold and reattach to the dresser and you're done!
Make sure to check out Re•Design With Prima!