Happy holidays, friends! It's that time of year when we decorate everything we can to celebrate the season. I wanted a wreath that I could leave up year round (not just for the holidays) on my little California craftsman house, but I couldn't find anything I truly loved. As usual, I decided to take matters into my own hands and get crazy making my own metallic leaves on my Gel Press. I used Oly-Fun fabrics from Fairfield world because I love the colors and they have a stiffness that works perfectly for this project! Have a wonderful holiday season and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
Love how it shimmers!
Watch how to make yours here!
STUFF I USED
Oly-Fun Fabric from Fairfield World
Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paints
DecoArt Dazzling Metallics
Print out on standard copy paper
1. Tape the ends of a pool noodle together to create a wreath
2. Lightly score the edges so that it creates a perfect circle
3. Wrap the wreath in 3" strips of Oly-Fun fabric in Hot Fudge using
a hot glue gun to keep the pieces in place
4. Cut 8" x 10" pieces of Oly-Fun in Clover, Kiwi and Sea Green
5. Grab your Gel Press
6. Load it with different colors of DecoArt Dazzling Metallics
7. Press and pull several sheets of the Oly-Fun on the Gel Press
8. Trace the leaf patterns on the back one of the pressed sheets
9. Stack, pin and cut several layers of the Gel Pressed Oly-Fun fabric
10. Edge the leaves and add veins with Allure Dimension Design Adhesive Paint in different matching colors. I used Copper Glitter, Gloss Brown and Gold Leaf
11. Hot glue the leaves around the wreath
12. Decorate the wreath with a wood word and a huge metallic bow