Like many of you, I'm obsessed with Halloween! Every year I make something to add to my collection of decorations and this year it was these hauntingly beautiful candles. Totally my style! I used some amazing silicone molds from Prima and jazzed them up with my favorite DecoArt paints. So easy, even an unskilled skeleton could do it! Happy Halloween, possums!
Don't forget to Make Your Mark!
My skull looks too real!
Love the hints of gold so much!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
DecoArt Matte Metallics in Vintage Brass
Stick-Um Candle Adhesive
Prima Silicone Molds
Large Glue Gun
Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Carbon
1. & 2. Fill your favorite Prima and skull molds with hot glue and let them dry
*Should only take about 5 minutes
3. Warm the hot glue pieces around a cup with a hair dryer to curve them so
they adhere to the candle easier
4. & 5. Spread a generous amount of Stick-Um Candle Adhesive to the back of the hot glue pieces and adhere them to the candle
*IF you're having a hard time sticking your pieces to the candle, use a straight pin. Hold the pin with pliers, heat it up and stick it through the hot glue into the candle
6. Warm the pieces again if you need to
7. Paint the entire candle with chalky finish in Carbon
8. When the chalky finish is dry, dry brush the Matte Metallics over the edges and molded pieces
9. Display with pride!
Beautiful I've been making candles like this for years. I'm happy to see that you've kept this are alive as wellReplyDelete