A few weeks ago I bought a huge bag of gems for absolutely no reason other than IT WAS A HUGE BAG OF GEMS! Who can resist something like that, I ask? I purposely left the bag on my craft table so I would have to make something with them.....in order to justify the purchase. This boho mirror is what happened and I'm super happy with it! Cut to me sitting in bed watching a 6 hour mini-series and rolling cardboard rings. It was the perfect day made even more enjoyable with the original BBC Pride and Prejudice. Talk about a guiltless day in bed. Remember, have fun, make messes and always MAKE YOUR MARK!
Looks great on my boho inspired patio!
I took it for a test drive in my living room for a spell
Watch how easy it is to make here!
STUFF YOU'LL NEED
Flat back gems (I used only the round gems for this project)
Tubes in different sizes
99c store mirror
Cardboard or thin plywood circular base
1. & 2. Cut and roll thin cardboard strips around different sized tubes and then glue the end down to make cardboard disks and rings
*Make sure the tubes are a bit larger than the diameter of your gems
3. Clip the end of each ring and disk in place and let dry
4. 5. & 6. Paint your cardboard or wood circular base in Americana Decor Metallics in Antique Brass
7. Center the mirror on the base and pencil around it
8. & 9. Figure out your design and then glue the disks and rings around the penciled mirror line using E-6000 Glue
10. Paint the disks and rings with more Antique Brass
11. & 12. Glue the mirror in the center and the gems inside and on top of each ring and disk
Ready to hang!