It took me a while, but I finally designed a new paper ornament to share with you! You can cut it from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock or scrapbook paper and embellish it any way you like. I added bells and beads but you could use a tassel or another tiny ornament. Enlarge the pattern and you have different sizes. Even the kiddos will love making these. Remember to have fun, DIY with the family and always Make Your Mark!
Hanging in my neighbor's tree
I think we're going to hang these in a window!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Cardstock (I printed these patterns from GraphicStock.com)
Needle nose pliers and large safety pin
Beads, Bells, Pailettes
Straws and wire
1. & 2. Trace the pattern on the card stock and cut
3. 4. & 5. With a large safety pin, poke holes in the center, at the end of each petal and in the center of two paillettes
6. Cut a piece of wire about 6" long and bend a loop on one end
7. Cut drinking straws about 2 1/4" long
8. Thread a bead, then paillette and then the center of the cut paper pattern side facing the bead and paillette
9. Add your straw
10. Going around one by one, thread the tip of each petal on the wire
11. Add another paillette and bead and then cut and bend another loop to secure it
12. Finish with bell on one end and a ribbon on the other so that you can hang it